Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Do You Dare Me to Ramble?...


Welcome to Greedy Ramblings! This is a blog to express my love for poetry in any shape and form. It is not only an art form but it is also an escape. And so, I'd like to dedicate my first poem to a very special person in my life. She is inspiring, strong and full of wisdom. She is that person who makes me smile when I never want to. She is the reason why I continue to dream my goals to be possible and fight to achieve each day. She is always in my heart and mind every day. I can still remember all the days we spent together.

"In Memory"...


A pair of lilies; round the corner,
That rich cocoa shade I remember so well,
Laughter echoing in silent space
Oh, how I find you in every place.

Her touch so calming; soothing
Embracing every rainy day; my face aglow.
She never doubted a thing I did
That’s why I can’t let go.

PB n’J, apple pie
Each flavored task I loved.
The sweet sting of cinnamon,
Still lingers from every hug.

Halloween pumpkin pie
Or old grey mittens to give away,
Each action repeated, somehow felt anew,
Puzzled at what next,
You were the one I looked to.

The sand box was my sanctuary,
The big toy; my hiding place,
Yet there you were, standing there,
Gazing upon my tear soaked face.

That laughter, rolled from foreign waves,
Dark curls clustered round her head,
Her eyes such an envy green,
Now closed, and rest instead.

She did not leave me; she never will,
She still smiles down from clouded hills.
She is watching, while I read to you,
I feel her grace; it’s still my strength,
That warm feeling, will soon break through.

~In Memory of Virginia “ Ginnie” Yvette Henderson Jones ~

~ Sincerely, Greed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts