Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"Scared of Me"

A new year means resolutions, start overs and second chances. It's time to let those 2012 worries down and leave them in the past. Don't let them burden the true potential that you have! Don't let them hold you down any longer....

How is it that today
Was happy but turned 360.
Lay down my head and scream
Why do they make me so uneasy?

Shame we came down hard
And crushed a lively dream.
So now it's hard to say
What it is you made believe.

I'd rather hurt
Than hear them say.
My dreams at loss
and tossed away.

Said I could be everything
But ended in a dare.
Saying things I thought to see, now
This silent deadly stare.

I'd be remembered
I'd tell our truths.
The things that we did
The lies we broke through.

Too much to set loose
As I burn to its touch.
Let me let free
be what I can be.

I'll break away, shaking free
Show I've changed, you see?
Won't ever let these flaws
Be the definition of: Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts