Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"The Girl Before"

Growing up is never easy. We realize that so many years have passed and that we soon are thinking about lifetime careers. But as one chapter in our lives closes, another begins...


I am not
the girl next door.
I can't go on
Like I have before.

I've been a fool
I can't explain.
Taken the time
To work and grind.

I can't believe
My past holds on.
I lived to dance
As I sang t'ill dawn.

It's a deal worth breaking
No risk for the taking.
A toxic touch you bring
Make my lucid memory sting.

No longer a princess
No daddy's little girl.
Got to claim what's mine
Show I can make it just fine.

Never turn out
The way I wanted.
But here's the chance
To take what you taunted.

No such luck
No place to run.
Each way I turn
Recalls mistakes I've done.

Make me see past
Terrors played out.
My minds blinded sight
Soon skies evermore ignite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts