Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Leaving You"

After finishing my first year of college, saying goodbye to my roomate and hello to summer was a bittersweet moment. We became great friends by randomly being selected to live together and I couldn't love her or miss her any more.....this writing is inspired from our new friendship.....

Stuck to these quiet walls
Trying to hear your call.
Whispers hope but tho' you're gone
I still sing to you, the sweetest song.

Can't think your not around
Skies start to fade, darkened sound.
Walking through the rain
Scatter my mangled thoughts.

Miss how you're not around
Nothing can replace your sound.
Warmth once there can't be found
Your laughter beats through the ground.

How I know you're never gone
Through thick and thin, never done.
Embrace the strives, bring me down
Take me, like the speed of sound

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts